Council Leadership, 2013-2016
Chair: Ma. Bella R. Siasoco, MD, FPCCP
COPD and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Chair: Tim S. Trinidad, MD, FPCCP
Critical Care, Pulmonary Vascular Disease and Sleep Disorders
Chair: Teresita S. de Guia, MD, FPCCP
Diagnostics and Therapeutics
Chair: Ma. Janeth T. Samson, MD, FPCCP
Interstitial Lung Disease and Occupational Lung Disease
Chair: Joven Jeremius Q. Tanchuco, MD, FPCCP
Chair: Windfield L. Tan, MD, FPCCP
Chair: Rizal Alberto B. Nolido, Jr. , MD, FPCCP
Tobacco or Health and Air Pollution
Chair: Imelda Muriel-Mateo, MD, FPCCP
Chair: Jose Hesron D. Morfe, MD, FPCCP
Healing and Integrative Medicine (ad hoc)
Chair: Parkash T. Mansukhani, MD, FPCCP
Sleep Medicine (ad hoc)
Chair: Virginia S. delos Reyes, MD, FPCCP
The Council shall serve the following purposes:
- To serve as centers for collecting data on various diseases of the lungs and its circulation, seen locally, for the purposes of characterizing diseases, defining problems and finding solutions.
- To develop criteria for diagnosis and treatment of specific diseases of the lungs and its circulation.
- To coordinate researches of diseases of the lungs and circulation in different research centers in the country in cooperation with the Scientific and Research Committee of the organization.
- To undertake the publication of professional and lay information about the lungs in coordination with the Committee on Publications.
- To provide a pool of resource specialists for the purpose of lecturers, seminar and post-graduate education.
- To undertake the establishment of a material registry for the diseases of the lungs.